The Greater Cincinnati Harbor & Maritime Co-Operative Committee (GCHMCC) is a not-for-profit organization comprised of various companies and public agencies with the common interest of providing assistance and resources to its membership, mitigating the impact of pollution releases, and promoting maritime security awareness in and along the Ohio River and its surrounding tributaries, which affect the Greater Cincinnati, Ohio region. We currently have thirty seven members at the GCHMCC.
The mission of the GCHMCC is to provide assistance and resources to its membership in their effort to mitigate the impact of pollution releases, and to promote maritime security awareness in and along the Ohio River and its surrounding tributaries which affect the Greater Cincinnati Ohio region.
To achieve its mission the GCHMCC will:
- Develop concern for spill prevention along the Ohio River and its tributaries affecting the Ohio River.
- Promote concern for maritime security in the Greater Cincinnati region.
- Assist members in meeting required drills and exercises by conducting joint drills and exercises.
- Maintain a supply of spill and clean-up equipment for use by its members.
- Actively seek to educate and train members on current topics of interest to its membership.
There are three levels of membership:
- Class I members who are the voting members of the various production facilities in the Greater Cincinnati area;
- Class II members – the associate members that have an interest in protecting the river and its tributaries facility;
- Class III members who are employees in any government agency interested in the purpose of the GCHMCC.
The GCHMCC owns three response trailers that contain all the equipment necessary to begin a response in case of accidental oil discharge at your facility. Each Class I member has a key and access to the trailers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
FREE DHS course designed for maritime industry personnel
Check out our member list
Our mission is to provide assistance and resources to our membership
Our goal is to actively seek and educate our members on current topics of interest
Latest News & Events
GCHMCC meets on the third Thursday of every month.
Local activities we’re involved in throughout the year.
- Chairman Robert Compton
- Vice Chairman Nathan Bond
- Treasurer Shana Connolly
- Secretary Dave Doerger