Companies and Individuals joined to Foster and Promote Conservation on the Ohio River and Tributarie
The Greater Cincinnati Harbor & Maritime Co-Coperative Committee (GCHMCC) is a not-for-profit organization comprised of various companies and public agencies with the common interest of providing assistance and resources to its membership, mitigating the impact of pollution releases, and promoting maritime security awareness in and along the Ohio River and its surrounding tributaries, which affect the Greater Cincinnati, Ohio region. We currently have thirty seven members at the GCHMCC.
The mission of the GCHMICC is to provide assistance and resources to its membership in their effort to mitigate the impact of pollution releases, and to promote maritime security awareness in and along the Ohio River and its surrounding tributaries which affect the Greater Cincinnati Ohio region.
To achieve its mission, the GCHMCC will:
- Develop concern for spill prevention along the Ohio River and its tributaries affecting the Ohio River.
- Promote concern for maritime security in the Greater Cincinnati region.
- Assist members in meeting required drills and exercises by conducting joint drills and exercises.
- Maintain a supply of spill and clean-up equipment for use by its members.
- Actively seek to educate and train members on current topics of interest to its membership.
There are three levels of membership:
- Class I members who are the voting members of the various production facilities in the Greater Cincinnati area;
- Class II members – the associate members that have an interest in protecting the river and its tributaries facility;
- Class III members who are employees in any government agency interested in the purpose of the GCHMCC.
The GCHMCC owns three response trailers that contain all the equipment necessary to begin a response in case of accidental oil discharge at your facility. Each Class I member has a key and access to the trailers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
FREE DHS course designed for maritime industry personnel
Check out our member list
The mission of the GCHMICC is to provide assistance and resources to its membershipSimone G – Test user#1
Actively seek to educate and train members on current topics of interest to its membership.Jeff H – Test User#2
Latest News & Events
- Local Activities View photos of just a few of the various activities we’re involved in throughout the area. View Photo Gallery »
- GCHMCC meets on the third Thursday of every month. Read More »
- Chairman Robert Compton
- Vice Chairman Elmer Blum
- Treasurer Jeff Burt
- Secretary Dave Doerger
Proper use of a fire extinguisher